The State of Mississippi's Trial Court System consists of two general jurisdiction courts (circuit and chancery) and three limited jurisdiction courts (county, justice, and municipal). Circuit Courts have original jurisdiction over all civil and criminal matters not vested in another court. Most circuit court cases are heard by juries although some circumstances may permit bench trials.
As opposed to Circuit Court, Chancery Court is a court of limited jurisdiction with the majority of cases involving domestic disputes, such as divorce, child custody and support, followed by probate and estate matters.
The Circuit Court of the Fifteenth Judicial District endeavors to keep the attorneys in this district informed, and to that end welcomes suggestions and input for this website. Moreover, it is the hope of the Court, that this website will be utilized by interested parties as well as the general public. For your convenience, the website includes contact information for the District Attorney's Office, Probation, Court Staff, and the Circuit Clerks.
- 15th Circuit Court of Mississippi (Circuit) 7 Sep 2015
- COVID-19 STANDING ORDER (News) 18 Mar 2020
- COVID-19 STANDING ORDER 2 (News) 18 Mar 2020
- COVID-19 SUPREME COURT - EMERGENCY ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER 11 (News) 8 May 2020
- COVID-19 SUPREME COURT - EMERGENCY ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER 14 (News) 23 Jul 2020